Duvet Care Instructions
You do not have to wash before use.
We recommend you to use fabric vacuum cleaner for maintenances purpose. Avoid water cleaning as fiber are all plant base. In any case you MUST wash it, we highly recommend bring it to professional dry cleaning service.
We do not recommend domestic washing, if you have to, please strictly follow the instructions below:
● Put your comforter in the washing machine making extra sure it's not crumpled or folded up. You need it spread out as much as possible.
● Throw in the tennis balls with socks covering them. Not only will this prevent the bamboo fluff from bunching up, but it will also help remove some of the oil and sweat from the duvet.
● Add in a small amount of detergent, we recommend something natural and not too harsh. No bleach. Wash on gentle/delicate with warm water.
● When it's done, check to see if there is any remaining soap. If there is, give it another rinse cycle. You don't want any soap remaining on the duvet.
● Drying it right is critical to the success of this operation. No you don't need to be so careful as to hold it under a hand dryer but still be careful here.
● Gently remove the duvet from the washing machine and put it in your (hopefully) large dryer. Take care to spread it out, making sure it isn't clumped up or tangled.
● Add in a fabric softener dryer sheet if you like. Add in the sock-tennis balls. The beating action will prevent clumping and keep the silky fluff evenly dispersed.
● Set the dryer on your lowest heat setting and turn it on. Do not set and forget, it's going to take a while so keep and eye on it.
● Every half hour check on it and untangle it. After it's dry or nearly dry, hang it out in the sun or in a dry area in your home for a bit.
● Slip it back into the duvet cover once completely dry and enjoy your freshly washed bamboo comforter.